Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:09:20 PM EDT
I have an 870 that I have had for several years now and it never has functioned properly.  I should have sent it back to Rem along time ago, but when I got it I was 12 years old and I thought that I was the problem.    The lip of the shell gets hung up 95% of the time.  This happens no matter how hard I cycle it.  I have taken out the trigger assembly and I can see that the follower is not pushing up enough for the lip of the shell to clear.  I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get it up and running properly.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I don't think that the follower is bent.  If I try to cycle the action a second time after the lip gets caught it usually feeds.  From the price of the Wilson job I could almost by another 870.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top