Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:30:42 AM EDT
Is there a battery pack that's used with the 6 volt? The website says that it does but then says that two 123's are included with no mention of them being in a 'pack'. Has anyone done some shooting with just straight batteries?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No one has a Surefire?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
When I had one of these, it came with essentially 2 123's that were wrapped together.  Apparently, this makes them not bang together under recoil, which was orginally a problem.  I'm fairly sure you can use 2 123's, but the pack thing is a better option.  
dp
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When I had one of these, it came with essentially 2 123's that were wrapped together.  Apparently, this makes them not bang together under recoil, which was orginally a problem.  I'm fairly sure you can use 2 123's, but the pack thing is a better option.  
dp

exactly.
plus you can wrap electrical tape around two 123s and get the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
mine just came with individual 123's.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
mine came w/ the two batteries in the white wrap.  

from what i understand, there is a buffer of sorts between the batteries that keeps the batteries from being hammered by recoil.  i know that things tend to be over engineered sometimes, but in this case i think that it's wisest to go with what the factory says is best.

i personally take out my batteries out of my foreend when i'm doing any shooting with it.  it's always been in the day time with my 870.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently Surefire used to provide the double-wrapped bateries, mine didn't come with them when I bought it last month. I called Surefire and they told me that the double-wrapped battery pack was no long available, the rep told me that using two 123's would be no problem in the newer lights.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine came with double wrapped batteries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top