Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:06:18 AM EDT
does anyone make them and are they any good?
thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of them, 20ga is pretty mild already.   I actually prefer my son's 870 youth 20ga to my 12ga but dont tell anybody
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I thought 20ga _was_ reduced recoil, compared to a 12ga.  

Seriously though, I've never seen 20ga reduced-recoil "tactical" loads of buckshot or slugs.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replies. I just wanted to know what was out there. I already have a 12ga and she kicks like a mule.  i'm going to try some reduced recoil shells for that. I was thinking about getting a 20ga incase any female members of my family needs to use it. after seeing all the shit going on in new orleans it makes ya think. I just want something small, light, and that can pack a punch at ranges of 25ft and closer. maybe just a pistol grip so it can manuver more easily in tight spaces. there is to much bs in ny to get a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks for the replies. I just wanted to know what was out there. I already have a 12ga and she kicks like a mule.  i'm going to try some reduced recoil shells for that. I was thinking about getting a 20ga incase any female members of my family needs to use it. after seeing all the shit going on in new orleans it makes ya think. I just want something small, light, and that can pack a punch at ranges of 25ft and closer. maybe just a pistol grip so it can manuver more easily in tight spaces. there is to much bs in ny to get a handgun.

A word of advice, avoid pistol grips you wont hit shit.

Look at a Remington 870 express youth model in 20ga.   In it's hunting trim it'll hold 5 shots and is very light and fast handling.   I have one and would consider it my primary SHTF shotty.  My 12ga 870 express has the long sporting barrel and would be unwieldy as hell.    I personally dont consider shotguns as a go-to type gun though.   I much prefer rifles for any SHTF purposes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top