Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:07:48 AM EDT
Does anyone have the AR stock and grip on their Mossberg? Do you like it, does it shoulder well?
There is a conversion for sale from spotrsmansguide for $59.99 that includes the the stock, grip and recoil pad. It does not have a name brand, does anyone know if this is a quality kit and worth the money?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Skeeter, I have one on my 500, and it does work pretty good. It's a six pos. from ATI. With all those positions, it's easy to find one that fits well. Make sure it has the rubber pad on the plastic though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot a Mossy 500 with the ATI 6-position too, but I didn't like the recoil coming off the hard tube. Isn't there a CAR cheekpad that snaps on over the stock?

ETA: once you find the right position, it shoulders very well, but as stated, make sure to get the rubber recoil pad(one should come with the stock, IIRC)
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one for sale. $75 shipped. Shoot me an e-mail for more info if interested.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey bro you might want to look into the new Knoxx SpecOP Stock, its like an adjustable AR stock except it reduces recoil. Im on the list and they should be shipping VERY soon.  www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the time to handle a pistol gripped Mossberg.... It tends to make the safety a pain in the neck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
The ATI stock also makes the mag release a little more difficult to depress it'll take some getting use to
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got one on my 500.
If you're going to use a short barrel, you MUST get the "heat shield".
Not for the shield, but for the sights. With the short barrel and the AR stock, your eye-line will make you shoot about 10" above your intended target at 20 feet. The sights on the "heat shield" will sit high enough for your line of sight to be parallel with the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top