Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 9:21:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking about adding a light to my home defense 870 #5077.  Where is the best place to pick up a surefire forend with light?  I checked the EE and didn't see anything.  What do they go for?

Thanks guys.  Also, if anyone has one for sale, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Three places come to mind immediately...all are straight up, excellent to deal with and all are supporters of this site...

BrightFlashlights

G&R Tactical

MSTN

You will need to email any / all to get the best price since SureFire has a minimum advertised price that is usually  higher than you can buy it for.

Check the Industry Forum as well as the Lights / Lasers section of the AR15 Forums.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye out or do a search in the EE.  See them there often
Chris
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=142

BrightFlashlights is cool, send him an email for a price quote.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't recommend Brightflashlights enough.  They do business the old fashioned way.............you dont find many like them anymore.

JH94
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent him an email.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't received a return email but from what I gather, the forend with surefire seems to run about $200 or so.  Is there any other options to mount a light to the 870 that is less expensive?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I haven't received a return email but from what I gather, the forend with surefire seems to run about $200 or so.  Is there any other options to mount a light to the 870 that is less expensive?

The shotgun...particularly the pump shotgun...really needs a dedicated fore end light. Nothing out there comes close to the SureFire. Agreed, they are expensive, but a good, powerful, white light is something that is extremely valuable in a serious confrontation, and if you want one to use in conjunction with a pump shotgun held in a ready-to-fire condition, the SureFire is worth the bucks. JMO
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the older models that doesn't have the constant-on switch if you would like to buy it for $110 + $10 shipping.  It works fine and I haven't had any problems with it.  It was used on my 870 at work for years and I just replaced it with the model that has a constant-on switch.  I found that I sometimes need the constant-on when doing building searches and such and I need a free hand to open a dor or whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top