Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 7:54:09 PM EDT
I just ordered a speedfeed stock and forend combo for my 870.  What size and type of screwdriver do I need to take the stock off?  And what do I need to take the forend off?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the stock, but the forend I replaced with a Surefire and it's easy.  The surefire came with a tool, but it's just a slotted piece of metal that fits in the hole.  Not sure where you get that tool from unless your forend comes with it like mine did.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just ordered a speedfeed stock and forend combo for my 870.  What size and type of screwdriver do I need to take the stock off?  And what do I need to take the forend off?

Not to be funny but are you joking ?
If not let me know ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always used a #1 phillips screwdriver for the recoil pad, a big flatbladed screwdriver for stock removal, and made up a piece of 1/8" thick steel, aprox 1.25"x1.25" combined with a pair of vicegrips for removing the fore-end tube nut... Hope that helps,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've always used a #1 phillips screwdriver for the recoil pad, a big flatbladed screwdriver for stock removal, and made up a piece of 1/8" thick steel, aprox 1.25"x1.25" combined with a pair of vicegrips for removing the fore-end tube nut... Hope that helps,

- georgestrings

Thanks, I was able to get the forend nut off with a piece of wood that fit perfectly in the slots.  I needed to know what size phillips to get, so thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- georgestrings

Thanks, I was able to get the forend nut off with a piece of wood that fit perfectly in the slots.  I needed to know what size phillips to get, so thanks.

This can also be done with a pair of long nosed pliers with the tips spread out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You're welcome...

- georgestrings
Top Top