Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 8:26:25 PM EDT
Hi;I just sent my 870 home defense to Wilson Combat for that Remington Steel Refinish/upgrades including Trak-lock sights.I'm going with the Armor-tuff finish.Anybody have any opinions on these guns?How's the turnaround time?Worth the over 400.00 for this work?I hope so,can't wait to see the finished product.I guess I'm looking for some positive support,I hate the wait,the worst part about sending guns off.Well,I sure would like to hear from someone with one of the shotguns or especially anyone that has gotten this Remington Steel package work done.How you guy's like the finish,sights etc.Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#1]
They do good work...you will be happy with it. Some guys think they are a little high on their prices, but they gotta make a living, too. The Armor-Tuff has held up well on the two or three I have seen, and it is far better for keeping rust away than factory bluing. I had an 870 redone by the old Scattergun-tech guys before Wilson bought them out, and they did a great job, but I have no experience with Wilson's turn around times for their services on customers guns.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been very happy with mine:

This started as a basic 28"-bbl. 870 Express bird gun.  I didn't opt for the Armor-Tuff finish, so I can't speak to that.  I just had the basic Remington Steal deal done, then added my own Surefire forend, side-saddle, etc.  I also installed three-dot Hi-Viz (light-gathering fiber-optic) sights to the vent rib (not as good as ghost-ring sights, but faster target acquisition than a bead IMO).  I have several 870s - this is my favorite by far.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top