Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2020 9:19:44 AM EDT
So was at my buddy’s gun shop and he got in two TP9 SFX? Had the slide cutout for a red dot. Included 4 or more mounting plates.
My 1st time holding one and dry firing one. I gotta say I’m impressed! So for this new guy on this model- what can you guy tell me?
Are they durable?
Anything bad?
Anything breaking?

Thanks. I may but it!
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve had a couple Caniks, but not the SFX. I had a customer bring one in for Cerakote when I was spraying, he said occasionally he had failure to feed.

His belief was a combination of the match chamber and bulk ammo, so he owned up to it. Said he never had an issue with quality stuff, but lower-cost ammo such as S&B, Winchester White Box, etc. gave some issues.

Really liked both of the TP9sf’s I had, only reason I don’t still have them is I suffer from firearm ADHD.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smokingun45] [#2]
TP9SFX is, by far, the best pistol I've ever used in competition.
Replace trigger shoe with a Freedomsmith to substantially reduce pre-travel and it is a very nice trigger for a striker fired gun.
I have probably 4K+ rounds through mine so far with no issues. Very accurate as well.
Get one!
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Very underrated pistol. I had one and the Salient barrel one too. Only complaint I had was the optic mounting system. Not horrible but plates are too thick, screws are too small and cheap. Aside from that, great gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Does mec-gar make the Canik mags? They are not listed on the mecgar site??
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:57:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smitty357] [#5]
Great gun - i shoot it better with the warren than with a red dot??  does not point right for me with red dot??

I have the FDE version and it cycle everything.  Great trigger and reset.

My mags were from GunMagWarehouse and are made by MecGar - 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bravo5two] [#6]
I did a brief review of it along with modifications done.  My intended use is 3 gun competitions so modifications were done specifically for that purpose - https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/New-Blackout-TP9sfx-model/54-193443/

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy mine. I've done a couple of matches. No hiccups. Love the trigger
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot mine for the first time yesterday and was quite frankly blown away by the SFX. It is amazing
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up my second sfx last Saturday. Already installed a Vortex Venom and sighted it in today. Outstanding... but I have a Shield on the other one and like that sight better despite it being a bit small.

I also have 4 Elite sc's and and 3 regular Elite's so I guess you could say i like Canik's
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a great value.  A bit too big for a carry weapon but fantastic overall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top