[#1]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vickers needs to go on a damn diet!
View Quote
Was he in better shape when you were in SFOD-D?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, let’s see your 1059s for both Ranger and the Q course!

Tired of this shit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have the skinny on what mother Army liked and disliked about the FN submission?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I've wanted to like these pistols but don't know enough about them to grab one. The newest Walthers are getting more of my attention.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Make it in black and you will get my attention.
But FDE makes me say no thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]

must have!
Seriously that’s awesome. If they release a non safety version to the public I’ll have one.

Quoted:
Anyone have the skinny on what mother Army liked and disliked about the FN submission?
View Quote
I’d guess money. Just like the beretra vs 226 back in the day. Can’t remember where I saw the numbers atm but iirc the sigs came out to ~250/pistol. I believe that included the additional accoutrements. That’s cheap
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this model going to be sold to the public?

I could use a threaded barrel 9mm with suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Glock and Sig are the only 2 that made it to the final selection based on performance and user evaluation.

The S&W, FN, Beretta, etc... Didn't make it that far.

You'll never hear the negative about the losers in these competitions.
View Quote
I’d really love to believe that, but I’m much more inclined to think that politicing has more to do with decisions in big beauracracies than other actually pertinent concerns.

https://sofrep.com/98976/dod-evaluation-says-armys-new-sig-sauer-p320-service-pistol-riddled-issues/

Based on this article we can assume that either the pistol was flawed and chosen any way, or the process to select it is broken. How could you possibly select a gun only 60-75%reliable with standard  ball? Was this not tested during the evaluation?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't really been interested in the 509, but that I'd buy.  I've wanted a 9mm Tactical from FN for a long while.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If they release a non safety version to the public I’ll have one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#16]
That's fantastic looking. If they sold one precut for a DPP I'd be on it like a fat kid in a candy store
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Any of these in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:53:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Are they actually going to sell it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, let’s see your 1059s for both Ranger and the Q course!

Tired of this shit.
View Quote
I always assumed guys like him were wrecked after 20 years of SF stuff. That's why it would be hard for him to stay in shape plus he is no spring chicken.

But he has lost some serious weight like 50-70lbs.

Good for him.  But people giving him shit about being overweight is stupid and rude.  I think he said he was in 3 Helo crashes.  His back is probably super messed up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
She's here, it just needs a tan/fde RMR.

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Don’t know about this particular round of testing, but the Army doesn’t exactly hire what you’d call “gun people” for things like this, which is why we end up with things like the SIG Dildo 320.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Any further updates on people’s experience with this handgun?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Duplicate - DELETE
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have the Tactical and a couple of 509s.  Tactical has an RMR.  Two have PMM compensators.  All have Apex triggers.

I don’t like the factory trigger shoe.  It’s too slick and my finger slips down while I’m shooting.  The Apex triggers solve for this, but install was a nightmare on one of the three with a stuck pin.

Reliability is 100%. I’m using the yellow recoil spring in my Tactical model, but either would work.

Too bulky to carry concealed for me.  Grip too long.  I’m a Glock guy and the 509 reminds me of the G45.  I would have preferred a 15 round gun like a 19.

I prefer my Glock C models that have been cut for RMRs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have the Tactical and a couple of 509s.  Tactical has an RMR.  Two have PMM compensators.  All have Apex triggers.

I don’t like the factory trigger shoe.  It’s too slick and my finger slips down while I’m shooting.  The Apex triggers solve for this, but install was a nightmare on one of the three with a stuck pin.

Reliability is 100%. I’m using the yellow recoil spring in my Tactical model, but either would work.

Too bulky to carry concealed for me.  Grip too long.  I’m a Glock guy and the 509 reminds me of the G45.  I would have preferred a 15 round gun like a 19.

I prefer my Glock C models that have been cut for RMRs.
View Quote
Great to hear it’s reliable for you. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:46:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
My 509T shoots like a dream. I've shot 600 rounds down the tube within the first week of ownership. My only gripe is the trigger, but it has smoothed out with use. I go back and forth on whether I want to upgrade the factory trigger to the APEX trigger. APEX will install the kit with no labor costs. The only downside is the 4-6 week turnaround time.

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My 509T shoots like a dream. I've shot 600 rounds down the tube within the first week of ownership. My only gripe is the trigger, but it has smoothed out with use. I go back and forth on whether I want to upgrade the factory trigger to the APEX trigger. APEX will install the kit with no labor costs. The only downside is the 4-6 week turnaround time.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7853/46477335032_0a4dfba841_b.jpg
View Quote
I think the trigger is meh, but I don't care enough to bother with upgrading it and I don't care for the look or feel of a flat trigger, the Apex is flat-out ugly, no pun intended lol. I still like my Glocks though and the 19x and G45 have triggers that are finally good enough to not have to mess with. Hmm maybe I am talking myself into selling my 509 Tactical here?! Nah lol!!!

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
APEX will install the kit with no labor costs. The only downside is the 4-6 week turnaround time.
View Quote
Plus read the terms for shipping.  $150ish for overnight return shipping and you have to overnight it to them.

I luckily bumped into the gunsmith at my range and had it with me and he was able to pound the stuck pin out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#29]
To increase your chance of success and reduce your stress level push the pin from right (ejection port side) to left...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Plus read the terms for shipping.  $150ish for overnight return shipping and you have to overnight it to them.

I luckily bumped into the gunsmith at my range and had it with me and he was able to pound the stuck pin out.
View Quote
I failed to read that part. Deal breaker for me.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top