Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2009 11:20:05 PM EDT
The topic pretty much says all––I would like to get a dot scope on my M41, but not lose the iron sight capability.  I should also add that I would prefer a decent dot scope, not one of those $30 Wal Mart ones.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a second Barrel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I recommend Clark's Team Challenger barrel; no rear strap (improves reliability) and Picatinney milled top.

There's a Bully Barrel that's supposed to be accurate, too.

If you're talking about irons and dot simultaneously on the same barrel, I see that as similar to asking about see throughs on a M-94 .30-30 in case the 4-16x50 varmint scope craps out; no there's no GOOD way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a red dot on my 41 & can still use the iron sights. I don't use them, but I can if I wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Aimtech made a grip panel mount.
It puts the scope pretty high above the bore though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recommend Clark's Team Challenger barrel; no rear strap (improves reliability) and Picatinney milled top.

I think a setup like that is probably the best and then I can go back to the regular barrel to use iron sights because the barrels are quite easy to change.  

What's the deal with the lack of a rear strap improving reliability?  Is that really important?
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
All  the problems I ever had with a 41 were FTEs. Removing the topstrap pretty much eliminates this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All  the problems I ever had with a 41 were FTEs. Removing the topstrap pretty much eliminates this.

I know this shouldn't matter but 41's with a barrel that has no top strap look goofy as hell to me. That and I personally would rather have a reddot further back by the rear anyway.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there any pictures floating around of a configuration like that?  I'm having trouble visualizing it, but it does sound sort of awkward.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll see if I can get my kid to help out.

But here's the link to Bully with the same type deal.

http://www.bullybarrel.ray-vin.com/frbarrels.htm

And Clark's.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/22pts.htm

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the help.  I have to see whether I want to spend the money on a dedicated scope barrel.  If I don't want to, what are the available mounts for the regular barrel?  The Weigand one requires removal of the rear sight––which ones do not?  I would prefer not to have to remove the rear sight even if I can't use it, that way I can take the scope on and off to use the iron sights if I go that way.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
You can probably get the barrel tapped for a picatinney rail. Whether you can still see sights without removing the rail is doubtful.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
If you don't need to use iron sights and red dot nearly simultaneously, you can mount the red dot in QD mounts on a Weaver or Picatiny rail. That way you can quickly pop off the scope while retaining zero. I have a Weaver 2x scope in Warne QD mounts on my .500 PC Hunter. I can quickly remove or replace the scope to use iron or scope.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Get your barrel drilled and tapped for a Ruger 10/22 base.  There are dozens of different bases available including picatinny bases that you can use the factory sights over.  I did that and run a Burris mini red dot on mine that can be easily removed and replaced without zero shift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top