Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2007 8:45:44 AM EDT
Does anyone have this kit?  It looks nice but didn't know if it was worth the 110 price tag.  Also if you do does a Smith have to put it in or are the parts drop in that I can do myself?
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Veg, you can do it yourself, and no you do not need to buy that complete kit.  A sear and trigger will do wonders.  Go to www.guntalk-online.com for detail strip instructions and bullseye on that site will always help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info,  I did order the kit got it for 90.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Good price.  If I were you go to gun talk and read up just a bit on your replacement.  I have seen that some of the extra parts (springs)in the kit are really not needed and may be for another application.  Replace the Hammer, Sear and Trigger useing your stock springs, you should be very happy.  Also do all adjustments to the trigger (pretravel and overtravel) before you put your top end back on, if you don't and it's not adjusted right where the hammer won't fall it could be a pain to take apart again.  All little bit of a turn of screw can make a huge difference.  Good Luck you should really like how it turns out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top