Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:32:19 PM EDT
I have a SA Loaded I use in Bullseye and plate matches. I have been using a set of Pachmeyer grips for a long time, and I think I am becoming unhappy with them.
I tend to find myself searching around for a comfortable grip on the pistol, and my scores are suffering.
I have a Kimber Warrior that still has the stock grips- all I added was some skateboard tape on that slick front strap. It feels like it fits better than the SA with Pachs.
I have been thinking about going back to a more standard gripset for the SA with tape on it's front strap.
I have read so many articles on Gunner's Grips, etc. that I can't decide which grip would work best for me.
I don't need a grip with extreme, sharp serrations on it, but at the same time I do not want my hand to move or slip.
During matches I will shoot between 100 and 200 rounds, so they would need to be a little less agressive to provide some comfort.
I am not looking for grips for show. I need some that will work.

OK, hit me with a list to check out.

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.vcdgrips.com/
hands down I love these things.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
oh and they wont break the bank at all!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Those look interesting.
I was looking online at some VZ Operators, Gator Backs and Diamond backs. They look aggressive. I just wonder if they are too aggressive?

Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Pachmayrs that I'm very fond of on one 1911, but on another I have plain checkered walnut grips - they don't even have diamonds.  You might try plain GI checkered plastic grips to start.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunner Grips ... Nothing but Gunner Grips.

You can sand them down lightly so they don't dig in to your hands too much, but I ran an unsanded pair through a ~450 round class and my hands were fine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.vcdgrips.com/
hands down I love these things.

Made hot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top