Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:01:09 AM EDT
hey yall,

I'm not really looking to get a 1911 anytime soon but these are the two models that i'm considering. is one better than or more reliable than the other.  i like the fact that they both have a rail so i can mount a weaponlight.  which one is the better of the two and is the x300 a good choice for a light?

thanks,

Rebel
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
A more direct comparison would be the MC Operator to the Desert Warrior as the MC Operator has a steel frame instead of aluminum.  Both are good guns, in my experience the Springfields tend to run better from the factory, are better fit and have a more durable finish.  The finish on the Kimbers I've seen chips around the ejection port early on.  I'm able to get a higher hold with the Springer than I am with the Kimber due to the beavertail safety shape.  If I were to buy one or the other I'd pic the Springer hands down.

Also, the X300 is the way to go.  I've got an X200 and Surefire will bend over backwards should you have any warranty issues.  They are well worth the extra cost.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no bias and Id look at the MC Operator. If you can get past the green frame. Or like Id do spray it with some Gunkote.
Top Top