Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 3:55:29 AM EDT
I just bought a Kimber .22lr conversion kit and cannot turn the elevation adjustment screw at all. I can turn the windage one just fine. There is nothing at all mentioned about it in the instructions.

Any ideas??
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I would spray it with some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench, let it sit a couple hours and with a driver that fits properly gently tap on it with a small hammer.  If it doesn't loosen after that you might need some heat but then again I might be inclined to send it back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate that.     Just now sprayed it with Liquid Wrench and will let it sit for a while.  Sheesh, there's no excuse for them putting the bastard on so tightly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Some Kimbers they actually put the lock screw in the side of the sight that tightens down and locks the elevation screw.
One of mine has a hole on the right side of the site with an allen set screw in it.
One has the hole but never had the set screw.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Liquid Wrench and liquid courage solved the problem.     Thanks, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top