Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:37:37 PM EDT
I am still new to these two companies. These are the two 1911's models I am wondering about. I was wondering which one is more reliable and such. Thank you for any help.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
<--------------------------------------- See Avatar.

Don't know anything about the Wilson KZ's.
I would go with the Kimber, I have owned several and not had any problems from any of them. In fact, the Grand Raptor might be my next 1911.
Buy the Kimber, and spend the difference on mags (recommend Wilson 47D's) and ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am still new to these two companies. These are the two 1911's models I am wondering about. I was wondering which one is more reliable and such. Thank you for any help.

As much as I love Wilson Combat, I have to suggest the Kimber. Polymer & high-cap are not two words that go together if your looking for a reliable 1911. You would be better off in the long run just buying a standard WC CQB.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get a Grand Raptor get one with an internal extractor.

You'll even be better off sticking with a gen 1 Kimber with no swartz safety system, only if you don't get the CQB.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The more I think about it.  The more I'm leaning towards my recomendation of a Gen 1 Kimber.

If you get a Gen 1 Kimber you will not regret it.  You may have problems if you decide to get rid of the Grand Raptor II or Wilson KZ if you're not happy with them.

Unfortunately Kimber got a bad rap with the external extractors and swartz safety brings up some complaints also.  I like the look of the Raptor but others don't.

The Wilson KZ is a nitch pistol that some will have problems spending much cash on  used because of holsters not being readily available and propriatary magazines.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take the third option -- "something else".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top