Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:18:35 PM EDT
Ok, I've been shooting my SS Champion for awhile. It seems to shoot consistently to the right, now, even though it didn't do so when I first got it (that I can recall). I didn't notice it before, but looking at the rear Novak night sight, it looks to be sitting noticeably to the right side of the frame. The site is pinned and it doesn't move if I try to move it hand. Is the rear sight adjustable? If not, how do I correct this? If it is, what's the appropriate way to bump the rear sight to the left a tad?

I know it's not my technique because with any of the other 3 1911s that I own (2 of them Springers), I can hit the vertical centerline of the target at will.

Thanks guys.

PS: I posted this in the Springfield section as well, hoping to snag the experts input.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
it is very possible that you may have inadvertently moved the rear sight. You can move it back yourself, or if you dont feel comforable, take it to a local smith. There is a hex screw on top of the sight that you will need to loosen before you move the rear sight back into place. Once you're done, tighten it back down, then test fire it to make sure you have it properly aligned. Once you're sure its how you want it to be, take a bit of blue loc-tite and barel DAB it on the screw then tighten it down. Make sure to clean up any excess. My SS Champ's rear sight screw used to come out on a regular basis.
Top Top