Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
Went to the gun show today and there was the cute little number that kept calling to me from across the room.  Having a soft spot for such beauties, I couldn't resist, so I brought home this new Springfield S/S Champion.  This seems to be a great gun for the price considering that it comes with beavertail GS, ambi Thumb safety, Novak night sites, and the matte finish on the horizontal surfaces with polished vertical surfaces.  Things I'm not fond of right now...The trigger pull seems pretty heavy (a LOT heavier than my Kimber), the thumb safety is quite stiff to disengage (much smoother to engage than disengage), and the slide-stop is stiff and low profile to the point that it's hard to lock the slide to the rear manually with an upward sweep of my trigger finger (I'm a lefty).  I hope she shoots as pretty as she looks though.  I'm guessing that after a couple hundred rounds, things will smooth out a bit, but I suspect that the thumb safety is going to take a little clean up to get it to engage as smoothly as the Kimbers does.

I've got two more Springers on their way in the mail from Gunbroker purchases that should be here mid-week.  Those two will make a total of 4 1911s added to my collection in less than 3 months. .  I have a Kimber Custom II, The SS Champion, and the park'd Mil-spec and park'd Champion on the way.  The two park'd guns will go off to the 'smith for some work pretty quickly.

And there gun show is in town for one more day...Mmmmmmmmm  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got it badddddddddd, don't stop now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:41:10 AM EDT
[#2]
So, tell us which one is your Favorite?  There must always be a favorite.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
congrats, we need photos
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the only known cure..
1. tell EVERYONE you are quitting,..
2. see your DOC for a script of zanax or similar drug for anxiety..
3. send all of your 1911's to me..
4. crawl into a tight, shallow knook, probably in a closet at home is the best place.
5. locate and attend the weekly detox meetings in your area until you feel free of the dreaded illness or until you find
"Glock is the only pistol you need as it needs nothing." hmmmmm[
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
4. crawl into a tight, shallow knook, probably in a closet at home is the best place.
5. locate and attend the weekly detox meetings in your area until you feel free of the dreaded illness or until you find

LOL....Can I at least shoot the three new ones before I send 'em your way?    There were some good deals on Glocks, but I figure since I traded away an HK P2000 to get the Kimber, why buy any more plastic guns?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....Can I at least shoot the three new ones before I send 'em your way?    There were some good deals on Glocks, but I figure since I traded away an HK P2000 to get the Kimber, why buy any more plastic guns?

well, probably best that you dont shoot the new ones this will only enforce the cravings making letting go soo much more difficult..
I suppose if you must,,but make sure you clean them real good before boxing em up
im me for the disposal address..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, probably best that you dont shoot the new ones this will only enforce the cravings making letting go soo much more difficult..
I suppose if you must,,but make sure you clean them real good before boxing em up
im me for the disposal address..

LOL...Don't hold your breath!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top