Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:37:11 AM EDT
I have a Springfield Champion GI model, I have'nt had any problems with this pistol at all, but I do have a issue with the trigger.  It seems to have loosened up a bit in the frame and if you shake the pistol the damn thing rattles around.  Is there a fix for this? Should I just replace the trigger? or am I looking at a different problem that is causing this?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Replace the trigger. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool,  that's what I was thinking.  I checked it out some more tonight, it seems that the bow of the trigger is a tad too short.  That along with a poor fit in the trigger slot mkaes this thing rattle like crazy.  I should be able to cure this with a good replacement trigger. ( I was looking at the Wilson competition match trigger)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilson or Ed Brown parts are the only parts I recommend to my clients. Wilson will be fine. Take care. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I know you said the bow's too short, but here is a trick that may come in handy if you have a loose trigger shoe rattling around in the channel.

You can use a chisel to raise a burr at the rear of the top and/or bottom surface of the trigger shoe.  File down until the fit is snug.  I've used this method in the past to tighten up triggers that were otherwise good.  It works better on aluminum triggers than steel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get a new trigger make sure whatever you get has "take up" adjustment as well as overtravel.  I am not talking about the little screw used to minimize the over travel.  Take up adjustment would be two little tabs on the top of the trigger bow just behind the pad.  You bend the tabs forward which in effect pushes the trigger back slightly getting rid of any rattle you may have.  You can fix the trigger you have with a dremel and cut-off wheel.  You can cut two tabs on the top of the bow duplicating what comes standard on many triggers.  I have done it to some super light titanium STI triggers that did not have tabs to begin with.

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help!  I ordered a new Wilson trigger from Brownell's tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top