Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:43:21 AM EDT
I love my operator, it's my favorite pistol methinks.

However, My surefire X200 is pretty wobbly when I mount it on the rail underneath. I know there are the two adapters that come with the light, one of them is definately too small, and the larger adaperter is still wobbling around, I mean there is quite a bit of play between the light and the frame. I was wondering if this is normal. And if it's not, what I can do about it.

Thanks guys.

gratuitous picture.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't wobble.  Mine doesn't on my Nighthawk, so make sure it's all tightened up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Just sell me your operator and get something else...

I bought a loaded operator with the full rail recently and LOVE it!

I have not tried the surefire but my Steamlight M6X works just great on it and as a bonus over the surefire it has a laser as well
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't realize the Operator ever came with a blade rear sight, tang hammer, standard grip safety, no extended thumb safety, short trigger and arched mainspring housing?!?  What gives?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW, which guy are you in the photo?  The guy drinking out of the bottle in one hand with a firm grip on his girl with the other, or the other guy daintily holding the champagne glass who doesn't look too happy next to the girl in pink?  (no foul intended, just having fun)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't realize the Operator ever came with a blade rear sight, tang hammer, standard grip safety, no extended thumb safety, short trigger and arched mainspring housing?!?  What gives?

That's a Mil-Spec Operator.  Discontinued a few years ago along with the Loaded Operator and replaced by the MC Operator.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BTW, which guy are you in the photo?  The guy drinking out of the bottle in one hand with a firm grip on his girl with the other, or the other guy daintily holding the champagne glass who doesn't look too happy next to the girl in pink?  (no foul intended, just having fun)

I'm the dainty one. Can't you tell by my fingers?

Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaving for California right now directly from work, so I won't get a chance to see whats wrong, the surefire is out of spec or the springfield. I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The wobble is something Surefire is looking to remedy. I talked to Standridge who's in the military sales dept, I mentioned to him that my x200 was also wobbly and is there any thing to do about it. He said on the plastic frame guns it's not an issue but after prolonged use they loosen up on the steel frames. John said they're working on a new mounting system (maybe out of aluminum) to keep everything tight
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Zakk
They still make the Loaded Operator.
It is through the custom shop only like it always has been.
I spoke to Deb (I think it was Deb) a few days ago and you can get them starting at 2495 now.
They have about a 6 mth wait for them.
I found one at a local shop, gently used for under 800 and grabbed it with a BIG ole grin on my face as the dealer did not know what he had.

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a Mil-Spec Operator.  Discontinued a few years ago along with the Loaded Operator and replaced by the MC Operator.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
my dealer has one of those for just over 8 with night sights right now, man i wish i had the money for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Loaded Operator with the same X200 light setup and I have the largest adapter installed. There is a a bit of movement with the light but I would have to guess it is due to the plastic mount on the metal frame wearing a bit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Zakk
They still make the Loaded Operator.
It is through the custom shop only like it always has been.
I spoke to Deb (I think it was Deb) a few days ago and you can get them starting at 2495 now.

They have about a 6 mth wait for them.
I found one at a local shop, gently used for under 800 and grabbed it with a BIG ole grin on my face as the dealer did not know what he had.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your're referring to the Custom Operator.  The Loaded Operator had the same specs as their regular Loaded 1911s but with a full-length rail.  

Loaded Operator:

Custom Operator:
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I am talking about the Loaded Operator...
That is what I have, that is what Deb told me they have a 6 mth wait for through the cusom shop and I made sure it was the loaded operator she was talking about.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#13]
A Loaded Operator isn't going to sell for anywhere NEAR $2495.  I'm pretty sure they retailed for around 8 or 9 hundred bones.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The Springfield Professional w/ rail is the one that costs $2k
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Springfield Professional w/ rail is the one that costs $2k

The Professional w/rail and Custom Operator are two different guns.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just sell me your operator and get something else...

I bought a loaded operator with the full rail recently and LOVE it!

I have not tried the surefire but my Steamlight M6X works just great on it and as a bonus over the surefire it has a laser as well

Just don't drop the m6 because it will break.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm pretty interesting considering how much abuse it has taken without any problems....

Have you had a M6 break on you or have you just been reading too many threads on message boards?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top