Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:59:30 PM EDT
Im picking up a SA GI .45 and jus want some good clean BALL ammo. Its been a long time since ive shot .45 and not really up on what ammo works. Im using 9mm NATO ball now for my P89.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I deal with Ammoman several times a year, and will continue to do so, but I do noit see the real value in the Hungarian .45 stuff. My math shows it at $.21.6 per round for foreign ammo from a manufacturer you don't know and cannot complain to. Look just below it and you will see the CCI Lawman, which is premium US made ammo from a major manufacturer at $.22.5 a round if you buy per thousand. With no price break for more volume, the Hungarian is $645 for 3000rd. and the Lawman $675...$10 per thousand or $.01 per round more.

While I have not fired any of the Hungarian, I have fired thousands of rounds of the Lawman with zero problems over the years. In my book that is no contest.

JMO

Ok. thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top