Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 4:11:17 AM EDT
Want to get  Novak sights but the $257 price for the sights + installation hurts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Your error might be in going to big name 1911 guys.
It's been a year or two...  but I THINK I paid $150 for the sights, front and back, plus installation.
(by a guy mostly known for his custom revolver work)
Clements custom gun

Edit I found the info. Cost was $75 labor, plus the cost of the sights. (though this was two years ago now) Forum post

My factory dovetail was cut crooked, so any rear sight was sideways. I went with the Novaks (which I like anyway) so the new deeper, wider dovetail would straighten them out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Want to get  Novak sights but the $257 price for the sights + installation hurts.

Check with Tim Bachus at Gilbert's.  He only works on Friday through Monday so he's not easy to reach, but he has a great local reputation.  Tell him I sent you.  He's working on a rebuild of a Springfield Champion for me and a set of sights and beavertail on my friend's Colt Commander.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
sweet. local is always good. Do you know what he charges?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sweet. local is always good. Do you know what he charges?

I honestly don't remember what he quoted me.  I am having so much stuff done to mine that the sights are the least of my worries.  I just remember when we were going over all of it that he seemed pretty reasonable.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What kind of gun do you have?  Springfield Armory will install Novaks for $165.00.  That price could be cheeper if you supplied the sights.  Good luck and Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of gun do you have?  Springfield Armory will install Novaks for $165.00.  That price could be cheeper if you supplied the sights.  Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Colt Series 80
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
A local gunsmith did 2 of my 1911s with me supplying the sights for about $100 each and I was very happy with the work. When I wanted them put on my CZ-75, nobody local would touch it. I sent it to Novaks and it was worth what he charges. He even sights it in with whatever ammo you ask him to and at whatever distance. Installation was perfect and he blends in the front sight with the top of your slide. It was well worth the money. Spend the few extra bucks with Novaks and you won't be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top