Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:06:29 PM EDT
Greetings... it has been over a year since I did a group buy for Metalform mags...

For those unfamiliar with Metalform, they are top shelf mags. They make many of the mags out there as a sub contractor, and they produce the mags for the FBI HRT/SWAT guns... i have been 100% satisfied with mine, and I own many, many metalforms that lead a hard life.

There are almost endless configurations for almost every 1911 style and caliber as the link below shows - BUT - This year I'd like to try to minimize the spread of the orders as it was a nightmare last year trying to sort them since metalform forgot to lable them!!! :mummy:

https://www.metalformmagazines.com/style.asp

If you are interested, please post what you are looking for. I'm not opposed to have several different styles based on your responses, but I'd prefer not to order 50 different types...

For those that haven't used the FBI spec mags, they are THE mag. I have 20 and will probably order 20 more. They are amazingly tough and have *never* failed me.

Terms and conditions -

A) Metalform has a unique pricing structure you'll see when you use the mag selection tool in the link above. There is a MAJOR discount when you buy more than 40 mags. In the past I've added $1, $1.50 per mag and done flat rate shipping. This year the mark up will be a little higher - probably between the second and third tier, if anything a little closer to the third tier. I've barely broken even on the last two buys and it is a major PITA if Metalform screws up and I have to sort...

B) Flat rate shipping at actual cost should still be a go - new rates at the USPS as of 1/1/06 but whatever priority with delivery confirmation goes for will be the rate - under $5.

C) Minimum - I've tried three in the past... prefer minimum of 5. If money is super tight and you can honestly only do three or you'll have to skip meals... I'll try.

D) I have a bunch of Winchester Ranger ammo in my footlocker - tons(cases) of .45 and 9mm, and a little (less than a case) .40. If anyone buying mags is interested in this, it would be available at low prices relative to the market. Have to see what I'm in it for after I paid shipping, but I got it cheap in bulk a couple years ago. Bear in mind adding a bunch of ammo means shipping gets up there as I can't go through the USPS and ammo is HEAVY. I do have a fedex account and all shipping would be actual cost.

E) I'd guess the order cut off will be near Jan 16. I will NOT hold up the order for people that can't get money in on time. I will return funds that show up late. As far as forms of payment - paypal plus 3%, money orders, or if we have done business before with no problems, a personal check by January 9th.

Please DO NOT e-mail or PM - post what style you want, and how many... unless your wife reads the boards, then an e-mail or PM is understood :p

Paul
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the "FBI" mag? I cannot tell from the website.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
On the topic of mags... I just got some 4 ACT-MAG mags for my 1911.  That's what came with my 1911 and I liked em so much bought 4 more.  I like the slam pad more than any other I've seen or used.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
rules? what rules?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top