Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:57:50 PM EDT
O.K., I'm at my wit's end with the extractor in my AO WW2 Government model 1911. Waaaayyy too many failures to extract. I've adjusted the extractor a couple times, and each time it's set right, and will run for awhile but then start choking.

I've been looking at the Wilson extractor from Brownells. What Ineed to know is what size or kind will fit. Will a 70 or 80 series extractor fit my AO?  Do I need a certain brand?

Let's get this thing running guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
AO pistols are 70 series.  The Wilson Bullet Proof extractors are good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
AO pistols are 70 series.  The Wilson Bullet Proof extractors are good.

Vundebar! Exactly what I suspected. This is the info I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the help. It's a nice little piece, and hopefully the bulletproof extractor transplant will be all she needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top