Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 11:43:42 AM EDT
I have shot 150 rounds so far from my new little pistol, that I bought yesterday. It is everything I expected. Flawless function, and accuracy is good enough to hit minute of pie plate at 25 yards. During this break-in period, I will not be upset with occasional failure to feed, that is normal for a new 1911A1, unless it is some sort of custom gun.This one will still require a few hundred more ro unds through it before I will carry it though.  Just  thought I would share this, with some of you looking to buy a short slide 1911.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wear safety glasses when shooting it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Good buy huh?

I've had mine about a year , it's been 100% with ball ammo and the factory mags.
keep the exterior well oiled and the finish will darken nicely.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad you mentioned about keeping the weapon well oiled, because that is exactly what I hoped it would do, I like the G.I. finish, but it does need to be darker. I'll probably shoot another 100 rounds out of it today. So far, I have shot 230gr FMJ's, 230gr JHP's and 185gr JHP's through it. So far, so good. Can you recommend a good concealed carry holster for it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
LW or steel?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top