Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:39:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
It would really be impressive to do that without the Ransom Rest.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They already did this test with a .50 caliber machine gun
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
very cool none the less.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that I saw that on an episode of "Wild Wild West" in my much younger days, except that they used a axe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I know a good sword is a work of art.  If I remember correctly, each time the metal blade is folded over upon itself, it becomes stronger.  I think they have taken cross sections of them and found some to be folded over 200 thousand times.

I can believe what the video shows but I would like to see the edge on the blade (just for curiosity).
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know a good sword is a work of art.  If I remember correctly, each time the metal blade is folded over upon itself, it becomes stronger.  I think they have taken cross sections of them and found some to be folded over 200 thousand times.

I can believe what the video shows but I would like to see the edge on the blade (just for curiosity).

Some were folded 1000 times. The strength also comes from the tempering process as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
They field-tested this in the Pacific, and the results were a little different.................

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They field-tested this in the Pacific, and the results were a little different.................

Yeah, in the Samuri Sword VS Browning BAR contest, my grandpa won EVERY TIME.  the Japs were pretty nonplussed about that.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, in the Samuri Sword VS Browning BAR contest, my grandpa won EVERY TIME.  the Japs were pretty nonplussed about that.  

I know you said BAR, but I'm still thinkin':

Good enough for granddad ()............

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you said BAR, but I'm still thinkin':

Good enough for granddad ()............

Oh, believe me, there are many Immoralities I would commit for a nice Colt made BAR....like a Colt Monitor.....oh, the sins I would willingly commit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
My grandpa (Tarawa vet) always told me that the .45 was overkill for the Nips.

Little bastards fought like hell, but were pretty easy to kill.

Moro warriors on the other hand . . . .

Disconnector
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top