Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 3:27:27 PM EDT

,  start drooling............

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
So do I go by your signature and figure this is all and not even bother to give advice?

Regardless of what you paid......IF you havea staked on front sight, you either need to break it to take it off and stake a different one on, or you will need to have a dovetail machined into the slide to accept a dovetail style front sight.   Your rear sight looks to be the standard "GI" style sight as well.   I think there are some nightsights available for that but most go to a Novak or Bo-Mar style rear sight and once again, your slide will have to be machined to accept those sights.  I have seen Novak style sets (nightsight) sell for $120-150 and that does not include the machining needed to make them useable.

Most Hammers and triggers will fit your gun.  You have a single stack SA which means it's probably compatable with most parts out there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I see it has a full length guide rod - seller install or do they come that way now ?

You might want to ditch the ILS ( safety lock) in the mainspring housing - or not - your choice

Most any custom parts will fit.

I would maybe replace the mim parts and just shoot it for a while.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the guide rod in a package with the gun,   No this post is no BS,  
I have a friend who has the same gun,  well box wise,  its packerised,   but its got crappy little bitty sights,  this one has a 3 dot system (cheesy) ,  and bevelled mag well.  both are Mil Specs though.
I also recieved a thing that is supposed to be used to grind the dovetail.  I have this bad boy all apart and am looking it doesnt look like it will take much material off to fit a dovetail,  but more than likely will leave that bit of chopping to a real gunsmith.  

Whats it run to have the slide machined for dovetail sights?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
check out link
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
lol the way gunsmithing prices are stacking it might be worth taking and putting cash with to get a fully loaded.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I give you what you paid, plus a dollar!

Seriously, it sounds like a great deal. I wish I had friends like that. I'd shoot the pistol and see if it needs the sights replaced. I have a Springfield Mil Spec in 38 Super. The sights were right on. It's one of the few things I didn't upgrade. If the sights are on, I wouldn't screw with them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Your rear sight looks to be the standard "GI" style sight as well.

Nope.  Those are Springer's Mil Spec sights, not G.I.  There's a difference.  Those are Springfield three dots.

Edited to add, I'll give you $450 for it today, if you're around Houston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top