Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:42:32 PM EDT
I have decided I really need a set of Novak lowmount night sites on my Commander.

Is going through Novak the only way to get them or do I have other options? I know the slide will need to be milled and dove-tailed.

I guess what I need to know is where is the best place to get the sights and have them installed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon is another option.  However, Novak does great work and their turn-around time is usually fast (no more than 2 weeks).  FYI-Trigicon also uses/offers Novak low mount sights as an option with their packages.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I would send them to Novak's.  As JCG4 said, they are usually pretty quick on turn around.  And, nobody know's their sights like they do.  You don't even need to send the whole pistol either, just the slide.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Novaks are high quality sights and I like the profile, but to me, the front sight isn't visible enough in daylight.  I am having a set of Wilson Night Eyes installed on a gun right now and it looks like they have a more pronounced dot on the front.  They also require less milling and therefore, are less expensive to install.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have decided I really need a set of Novak lowmount night sites on my Commander.

Is going through Novak the only way to get them or do I have other options? I know the slide will need to be milled and dove-tailed.

I guess what I need to know is where is the best place to get the sights and have them installed?

If you are near OKC, Chris at H&H usually has them in stock and can cut the dovetail and install them for you.  He has put them on two Springfields for me, including milling the dovetails, and they are perfect.  It didn't cost too much, either.  Generally, the sights are around $100, and the work is just a bit more.  If you want to check mine out, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have owned both Novak and Wilson night sights. I never noticed a difference in brightness between the two. That being said, I still prefer Novak low mounts. They are worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had some work done by Mr. Novak himself back in 1991 or so. He is awesome and love his sights. I would love to shake his hand one day. All the Glocks and 1911's I have ever had, have had Novaks in stalled, both night sights and 3 dot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have Novak night sights on my TRP and Loaded.  They are the only sights I would want on a carry 1911.  

Jay
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have Novak night sights on my TRP and Loaded.  They are the only sights I would want on a carry 1911.  

Jay

Hi Jay!  I agree.  Novaks are the only sights I have on any of my 1911s, and I really like them.  I've tried Meprolights on a Kimber, but think the Novaks are better.  They have a better shape, and seem easier to pick up in low light.

Nice to see you here, for a while at least.

sash[more]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice to see you here, for a while at least.

sash[more]

Thanks

I'm kind of an internet nomad right now to be honest with you.

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top