Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 6:04:57 AM EDT
I have a Norinco 1911. It was used buy looked brand new when I bought it for $325.

I was told that steel on these was much better than domestic 1911's, but now I think I have heard otherwise.

What is the deal? Is the steel in the Norinco's better? I have never had a problem with mine and it is very accurate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about much 'better', but I believe it to be much harder.  Hard steel is rough on tools when you are working on one, but I've seen several Norincos that were turned into very nice custom pieces.  My local range also had one in the rental case that had seen years of constant abuse.  The finish looked like crap, but the gun itself seemed none the worse for wear.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent steel, no problems with either the slide or frame. They are excellent guns especially for the money, spring steel extractors like the original specs too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
My late father left me his 1911 before he passed away....missed my wedding by 6 months. He worked hard throughout his life, and enjoyed shooting, something he passed along to me.

Whe he retired he wanted to buy a 1911, but didn't have alot of money, so after looking around for a while he bought a Norinco 1911.

He loved it and, the unassuming former Marine enjoyed shooting his "commie gun".

I was so impressed with it's reliability and accuracy that about a year ago I bought another one.

A few months later I bought 2 sets of 1911 custom parts and sent one of the 1911's to Evolution Gun Works.

I had heard they did great work.

After I got it back, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. Here are some before and after shots to give you an idea of the quality work they do:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Bulldog, that is absolutely beautiful.  I sent one of my 1911s to EGW for carry comp work.  I hope it turns out as nice as yours did.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bulldog, that is absolutely beautiful.  I sent one of my 1911s to EGW for carry comp work.  I hope it turns out as nice as yours did.

Thanks,

You won't be dissapointed. It took me FOREVER to get back, but I knew that going in.

I'll probably send my other 'Rinco to them to have done and get a matching pair,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top