User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 2:23:32 PM EDT
Anyone use them? Pix?
TIA
M
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, not here.  Have seen 'em, but no need for me since I am right handed.

Travis
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I have had them swiped off too many times in the past. All of mine wave been swapped foe Ed Brown strong side units.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. A must.

That's typically the first accessory i get .
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you're left handed, I vote "no".

They're easily wiped to the off position, and they're more fragile. If you must, get the one that's retained by the sear pin & not the right grip panel.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yep. A must.

That's typically the first accessory i get .

Yup - Same here. Its either ambi, or completely avoid anything 1911 related.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input guys. I'll check Brownells out tonight. I like to be able to use either hand to make something work in tough times.
M
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I say get the ambi if you can.
For all you guys that are saying "no", what's your plan if you are forced to shoot lefty because something happens to your right hand during a fight ,struggle, battle, etc.
I want to be able to shoot strong or weak hand quickly and effectively.  That means getting the safety down fast, with only the shooting hand for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, I regulary practice shooting them left handed. God forbid something happen to your right hand, you know accident related.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Kings gun works makes the strongest one.  Not held on by the grip panel.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
For all you guys that are saying "no", what's your plan if you are forced to shoot lefty because something happens to your right hand during a fight ,struggle, battle, etc.
I want to be able to shoot strong or weak hand quickly and effectively.  That means getting the safety down fast, with only the shooting hand for me.

I am trying to do 50% of my practice using the weak hand now so the ambi issue is important to me. I used to think the same way, but then I realized that it would only be an issue if my strong hand got disabled before I could even draw. Since I have to draw from my strong side I will be taking the safety off with my strong hand. I know there are ways to do it but if you have to draw from your strong side with your weak hand you're pretty far behind the curve already and doing a thumbover probably won't matter.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they should be standard equipment on all 1911s.
Becuase I'm a lefty, and it only seems fair.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am trying to do 50% of my practice using the weak hand now so the ambi issue is important to me. I used to think the same way, but then I realized that it would only be an issue if my strong hand got disabled before I could even draw. Since I have to draw from my strong side I will be taking the safety off with my strong hand. I know there are ways to do it but if you have to draw from your strong side with your weak hand you're pretty far behind the curve already and doing a thumbover probably won't matter.

True.  Never thought about it like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top