Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2018 7:40:55 PM EDT
Hi All,

My wife gifted me a railed 1911 in the form of an Emperor Scorpion. I am not a 1911 purist and we have had great luck with our used Sig 1911.

After cleaning out the grease and starting the break in process I realized that the trigger on this one is very different than the trigger on the one we have. I know it’s apples and oranges to compare a well broken in trigger to a new one but the difference is insane.

The take up on the new trigger is over 1/8 inch where I measure on the trigger guard It breaks clean around 5-6 pounds and overtravel is ok but these seems like it is out of spec.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I should send back to Sig or should I just skip to a gunsmith and getting it tuned? I

Thank you all in advance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Try running a few hundred rounds through it.  I have the same pistol and the trigger is on par with my Dan Wesson Series 70 triggers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing to worry about.  The thing to worry about is a 1911 with a light trigger and zero pre-travel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
everything needs to be worn in - shoot a few hundred rounds through it and see if the problem still exists
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few Sig 1911s and the above advice is real. The last new one I got had a trigger I was initially not happy with compared to the others. It was only because they were broken in and it was not. It is fine now.

Just so happens that last one was an Emperor Scorpion as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top