Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2018 4:05:08 AM EDT
Found one of these for sale for $1,500.

From what I can tell that's pretty cheap compared to what other people are asking for them. I don't need nor really want another 1911 but I feel like I should pick it up solely based on the price. What say the 1911 gurus?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
if you don't buy it please send me the link. Or buy it and lemme trade you for something you do want.

STI makes good quality guns that see more use in competition than almost any other single action pistol. The Costa is super wizz bang tactical, and doesn't fit in competition classes really well but I hear it's a solid shooting example.

this in 9mm would make for a great 3 gun, HD, or range pistol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be careful it’s not a scam. Been there done that. If you or the gentleman who posted first doesn’t want it I would be interested.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I decided not to buy it, picked up a couple lowers and another suppressor instead.

I'd be happy to link the for sale ad if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My $.02

Costa never impressed me, the Costa Carry Comp is less impressive and the $3,799.99 price tag is outrageous.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a good price if the deal is legit.

$1500 is about the least most 2011s fetch on the used market, and go up from there.

I agree that $3700 is laughably overpriced for what you get.  Most of my SVIs were less than that, and that's what I'd be looking at again if I had $3700 to fling around.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My $.02

Costa never impressed me, the Costa Carry Comp is less impressive and the $3,799.99 price tag is outrageous.
View Quote
I'm waiting for the Travis Haley Carry Comp in 10mm AUTO ... 18-rd capacity and shoots one hole groups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top