Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 11:38:32 PM EDT
I'm sure Cerakote is more durable and better but just how durable is the Armory Kote? I might have a trade worked out for a TRP Operator and just wanted to know before I hit the point of no return.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Armory Kote is cheaper than a lot of other finishes. Does a decent job, but I like holster wear, it adds character.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Armory Kote has held up better than Cerakote on my guns.  I'm very impressed with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My TRP still looks brand new. I carry in a Com-tac kydex holster which is VERY smooth inside and dosn't leave a mark on the weapon. I have never had as good of luck with Ceracote. I wont even consider it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, I like what I'm hearing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine has held up very well actually but I do not carry it.  It does scratch but not easy.  Not really a big deal to me in all honesty because it holds up better than blue and park.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine still looks the same as when it came back from SA Custom Shop. I have carried it and has no signs of wear. It is a very durable coating, and is less expensive that the others out there. I had mine done back in 2006...

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like my trade is going to happen. Should pick it up Saturday morning. I have about a 7 hour round trip to get it, but let's just say I got the better end of the deal.

Does anyone know if you you send your gun to SA do they have a factory threaded barrel they can install? If not what barrel should I be looking for.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#9]
One lesson I learned early on after buying my TRP Operator is you should never use the included holster except in the case of emergencies. It will harm the finish.

I no longer have the TRP (I traded it for a SAM7SF but I miss it every day).  My LW Champion Operator had the same issue, so I sent it back to SA to get the slide and barrel melonited.  It looks great now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like my trade is going to happen. Should pick it up Saturday morning. I have about a 7 hour round trip to get it, but let's just say I got the better end of the deal.

Does anyone know if you you send your gun to SA do they have a factory threaded barrel they can install? If not what barrel should I be looking for.
View Quote

They don't have a factory threaded barrel....but you can buy one and have them fit it for you if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.  Storm Lake is usually the recommended option here, and some people just drop it in without doing any fitting (at the very least check the lockup before you shoot it)
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is holding up fine.  

In and out of a Horsehide holster.

" />
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They don't have a factory threaded barrel....but you can buy one and have them fit it for you if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.  Storm Lake is usually the recommended option here, and some people just drop it in without doing any fitting (at the very least check the lockup before you shoot it)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the insight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Thing of beauty!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top