Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 4:29:46 PM EDT
Looking for grips for my Colt O1991. Perfectly blued with polished flats. Im trying to decide which pattern and color. Anyone have pics? Commemts on either pattern? Anyone have a coupon code or used pair? Thx!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set of army green gunner grips I'm not using
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
A blued Colt should have wood.

a-bare
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

a-bare

As much as I love my Frags, this is the truth.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have frags (military Brown) on my Stainless  Pro Carry now and I ordered a set of frags in dirty olive for my Kimber Warrior (Black Kimpro finish)

I'd go military green or dirty olive.  My friend has the gunner grips and they are sharp....I like the frags because they aren't as sharp but i get enough grip.....I also like the slim grips.

If you want a wood like appearance check out black cherry or hyena
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you thought of the double diamonds?
Modern high tech material, old school look & feel.  Very grippy as well
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#6]
How about a set of double diamond, elephant ivory? Perfect for a blued 1911 and quite durable plus classy as hell. Nutmeg sports has probably the nicest ivory you will find. Have bought from them several times. Expect to pay $400-600. It is worth it. There are very few things you can do to a gun to make it appreciate in value. Elephant ivory is one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Blued Colts need double diamonds:

Mine's not as pretty as yours though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree that I should leave it alone, but I do want a little more grip out of it. I also prefer micarta over G10 in most cases, so now I'm a little torn between army green G10 gunners or green micarta Diamond Backs. Which is grippier? Their description is a little confusing. Waiting for a 20% off Valentines day sale.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

a-bare

AMEN....!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top