Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 3:28:54 AM EDT
Good morning Folks,

I have had a serious hankering for a new 1911 but havent been able to get my hands on a Ruger SR1911 from my LGS so I have been delving into our distributors to see what is available.  One of the weapons I came across is the Remington R1 Enhanced w/ Threaded Barrel.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with these or the R1 overall, I have held the standard 1911 R1 but want the beavertail and better sights as it will be a carry gun and dont like carrying with the fiber optic sights on the standard R1.

I regularly carry weapons in the Blackhawk Serpas but after a fit test the other day found the Sigs to be extremely tight but that is a second option.

Thanks,
Foley
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The standard R1 does not have a fiber optic front sight. The enhanced model has the FO front sight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The standard R1 does not have a fiber optic front sight. The enhanced model has the FO front sight.

Yeap, but the Enhanced w/Threaded barrel has high white dots
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a suppressor?

How much does the Enhanced cost?

Does a non-threaded barrel also come with it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one at my local academy sports. It was $1099 and I don't think the non threaded comes with it. It looked pretty nice, but for the price tag I would prefer something else.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.1911r1.com/Products/Firearms/Model-1911r1.aspx      Go here and click on Products at top of page. Then pick one, all your questions will be answered.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw one at my local academy sports. It was $1099 and I don't think the non threaded comes with it. It looked pretty nice, but for the price tag I would prefer something else.

I bought a threaded 1911 barrel for about $250.

It works in my RIA GI, .total of roughly $625 with both barrels on hand.
It works in my RIA Tactical, roughly $700 with both barrel on hand.
Haven't tried in yet in my SR1911.  If it does work, then roughly $900 with both barrels.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't tried in yet in my SR1911.  If it does work, then roughly $900 with both barrels.

Which Threaded Barrel did you purchase?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which Threaded Barrel did you purchase?

Fire Dragon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top