Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 12:19:08 PM EDT
Looking for my first 1911. I like the looks and features of the Rail Gun in black stainless. What are your thoughts on it? What is a decent price to pay for a used one?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I own 2. one is perfect and the other has a little overtravel in the thumb safety. one has a very good trigger pull and the other is ok but a little too much creep. bought one to send to the custom shop and the other to shoot while I wait 8 months to get the other one back. overall I am happy with them both.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine and want to buy another.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Sharpe edges but looks nice, if I was into railed 1911s I look at one before I purchased it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the look they have, not much of a rail guy but if i do buy a railed 1911 it will be the Colt Rail Gun. I would most likely send it to Colt and have it worked on to make it just the way i want it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a colt rail gun.  I have put a little over 5k through it so far.  I was fairly happy with the trigger from colt but some of the MIM parts broke.  I upgraded all of the guts to Ed Brown and now have a very fine trigger.  I am impressed with the accuracy.  It shoots better then I do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What min parts broke and how?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had some issues with mine. It went back to Colt twice. Satisfaction wasn't there. I have a call tag and need to get it shipped out again. This time the custom shop guys are interested in it, so maybe it will be gtg this time.
Main complaints with many of these XSE Colts seem to be the ambi safety or white dots falling out of the sights. I see a lot about them two issues. I'm replacing the stock sights of mine with Heine and I'm requesting Colt to replace the failed ambi with a single sided unit this time around. Most of my other issues with it is fitment issues. The grip safety isn't right, trigger, slide to frame after the last time back, The barrel to slide was the original issue, but they dinked with the slide to frame instead. I'm going to send money to checker the front strap, and since they are going to be filing away there, I'm requesting they touch up the sharp edge at the enhanced trigger guard. It cuts into a persons finger.

All and all it isn't a bad pistol, but inspect it well prior to purchase and if you can, pick from more than one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#9]
No problems with mine and is currently my HD pistol with TLR-1 attached.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I looked at a bunch of them when I was on the verge of passing on my Pro. I ended up holding out for the Pro but I can tell you some were better done than others. Its not a bad bargain but I wouldnt buy one sight unseen.

Im not knocking Colt, I had some shit luck with them from the "Enhanced" days and the new ones are looking a lot nicer. But for some reason the only ones that seem to be consistently well built are the Combat Elites. I dont know why, maybe only one guy builds them cause you sure as hell dont see many.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I looked at a bunch of them when I was on the verge of passing on my Pro. I ended up holding out for the Pro but I can tell you some were better done than others. Its not a bad bargain but I wouldnt buy one sight unseen.

Im not knocking Colt, I had some shit luck with them from the "Enhanced" days and the new ones are looking a lot nicer. But for some reason the only ones that seem to be consistently well built are the Combat Elites. I dont know why, maybe only one guy builds them cause you sure as hell dont see many.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top