Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 9:31:46 PM EDT
I just purchased this 1911 cheap. Its a SA Stainless GI but the guy had scratched the gun severely. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on how to properly remove the scratches. This is not my throw in the dirt beat the sh@# out of handgun like my HK or XD. So I would like to make it look really nice. But for 300 bucks I couldn't walk away Here is a pic, kinda hard to see the scratches. The pin for the slide scratch is very visible, I see this on many 1911's. If ya got any idea's let me know. Think SA would clean her up for me? Shoots low left also lol

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
you want a brushed stainless look, or you going for chrome?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I beat the hell out of my 1911's , so I really don't have much for you. However, I would leave it as is, since it gives the gun character.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed. Get some A-Zoom snapping caps and dry fire at a target to see if
your doing something such as pushing the trigger or needing to adjust your grip.
Dry firing can show a lot of things.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen a few post on the net about Springfield's shooting low and left, my Springfield stainless steel loaded did. Sent it back to SA and they fixed it with a new barrel and bushing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Scotchbrite pads usually work well for removing light scratches on stainless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top