Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2007 2:07:07 PM EDT
Most I've seen are commercial production with adjustable sight.  How common are the military ones?  And the quality?  I'd imagine that they get shot pretty often.  I just like to get one to go with my Russian SKS.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you will have better success locating an E. German or Bulgarian Makarov, not very many Russian military Makarovs available in the U.S.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe you will have better success locating an E. German or Bulgarian Makarov, not very many Russian military Makarovs available in the U.S.

+1.  While most Bulgarian Military Makarov's (not Arsenal commercial) run anywhere from $175 -$225 these days, the true Russian Mil Mak's usually bring in around $400.  Search for the info about the mismarked Russians (real Russian mil but marked by importer or someone as Bulgarian)  - these are a bit cheaper than cleanly marked Russian mils).  Keep scanning the auction sites, I know around Christmas there were some on GB and Auction Arms and sold for over $400, but they looked pristine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can you point me in the direction of geting a bulgy mak?

Try here. I know they have German Maks which are the very best made!
http://www.makarovpistol.com/guns/gunlist.htm
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a Russian military Mak posted over on Gunboards today, I know nothing about it other than what I read in the post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top