Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2018 10:54:29 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a Mak and wanted to hear if anyone has bought one recently from AIM.

Their site isn't giving a whole lot of detail on the expected condition, importer etc etc. Any inside info would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont have any inside info but every mak i've dealt with goes bang and you cant really go wrong on one. Aim did have some chrome or nickel finished maks in their walk in store a couple of days ago though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:34:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: halfcentaur] [#2]
Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to avoid getting something that's going to look too rough, seeing as we are talking 2018 prices

Anywhere else I should be looking?
Edit: went ahead with a purchase through AIM.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my Bulgy
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By halfcentaur:
Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to avoid getting something that's going to look too rough, seeing as we are talking 2018 prices

Anywhere else I should be looking?
Edit: went ahead with a purchase through AIM.
View Quote
Get it yet?

Please let us know how it looks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Richard-ar15:

Get it yet?

Please let us know how it looks.
View Quote
I did, it was a little delayed due to the cold snap we had.
Overall it looks great, the bluing is almost completely intact other than a couple of minor scratches. It's a CAI import, and only comes with the crappy "target" grip. I was sorta hoping they were sandbagging in the description, and the original would be in the box. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By halfcentaur:

I did, it was a little delayed due to the cold snap we had.
Overall it looks great, the bluing is almost completely intact other than a couple of minor scratches. It's a CAI import, and only comes with the crappy "target" grip. I was sorta hoping they were sandbagging in the description, and the original would be in the box. Oh well.
View Quote
Original grips are $20 on ebay.  If you buy East German grips you will need a different grip screw.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

Original grips are $20 on ebay.  If you buy East German grips you will need a different grip screw.
View Quote
Thanks, I've got one on the way!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What sucks is that you know Century either has a barrel of original take-off starred grips or else they sold them to the ebay pirates for pennies apiece.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Richard-ar15:
What sucks is that you know Century either has a barrel of original take-off starred grips or else they sold them to the ebay pirates for pennies apiece.
View Quote
Shitty business practice whichever way you look at it. Almost wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in a Bulgarian dumpster to save on freight costs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably needed the thumb rest grips to get enough import points under the GCA of 1968.   The Russians added adjustable sights to get around that.  The East German guns must have come in as military surplus which exempted them from the points criteria.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Probably needed the thumb rest grips to get enough import points under the GCA of 1968.   The Russians added adjustable sights to get around that.  The East German guns must have come in as military surplus which exempted them from the points criteria.
View Quote
For sure, you're 100% correct. Except that some vendors are including the OEM grips (unattached), along with the POS thumbrest ones. It seems that an importer that rhymes with "ventury" doesn't bother with all that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top