BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:00:42 PM EDT
i have a pre war luger does anyone know what this gun is worth
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

It could be worth $200 for a commonly found but absolutely trashed gun, $750 for many differen varieties, then $2000 to untold hundreds of thousands for the right 'one'.

Look at the Blue Book of Gun Values for a good general reference.

"Lugers at Random" is a great informational book.

Ralp Shattuck in Arizona, World of Lugers, knows more about Lugers than any one should, Syd Rachwal of Michigan is no slouch.

Find them in Shotgun News and Gun List.

Even taking a picture of it is of only moderate value. Lugers were mad as individual pieces, having so many internal matching serial numbers I can't tell you how many there were.

Add to this the use of corrosive ammunition and barrel frosting considerations.

Lugers are like red heads, they must be evaluated individualy and with great care. You may have a gem, you may have a dangerous or worthless dalliance.

Find an expetrt, the CADA gun shows are a good source. Don't accept any offers for it, just get an idea of what it is... watch their reaction and compare several appraisals. Be prepared to pay a modest sum, or maybe not.

Good luck-

Doc @ M&A Parts
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Doktor thanx for your quick reply and information there is a gun collecter who wants this bad the gun is in excelent  shape i am in canada is it possible to sell this to a buyer in the usa or do i have to find someone in canada
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Selling guns across the border is a no-no w/o all kinds of licenses, IMO. As for value, it's most likely in the $600-1000 range. Best to have it appraised by someone who knows what they're doing, maybe even 2-3 people. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top