Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 3:12:22 PM EDT
What would be the best route to take. I have a Browning 25 Auto that my Grandma had for almost 40years. I think the gun is about 45year old now. Anyways, it had a small amount of rust built up under the grips, so I decided to use Vinegar (not thinking about the acid in the vinegar) to remove the rust. Well that didn't do the trick, but it did remove the blueing.

Would you all recomend using the cold blue kits and if so then what brand. Or would the bake on be alot better.

A guy that Use to run a Gun shop nearby estimated the gun being worth about $450.00 due to it being in excellant condition and still in the factory Red and Black plastic box it came in. So that is why I am wanting to make sure this gun is done correctly.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a first class little gun, a home brew fix is not in keeping with its quality, IMO.

What I would do is send it to S&W & let them reblue it. Price is very affordable & S&W is a world leader in metal technology & treatment.

Would you send a Mercedes Benz to Earl Schwab for his $99 paint job?

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top