Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 1:07:22 PM EDT
I have heard some things about putting 9mm barrels in a 22 without having to switch anything but the barrel and the mag, and maybe extractor.  Has anyone heard this, or tried it?
I posted on the glock forum but it doesn't seem to get much traffic.  Thanks for the help fellas

Brad
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. You may be able to do a switch with just the barrel. Your reliability may vary. If you switch extractors, and mags also you will have pretty decent reliability.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The breech face is milled for 40s&w....not 9mm..you need a COMPLETE topend AND 9mm ejector block.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Specifically regarding the .40 to 9mm conversions in Glocks. The different breech faces are not a concern. Many people make this conversion with no problem. I've seen many of these conversions for pistol competition where the guns are fun hard and fast with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure....why don't you just trade out a.45 barrel for a fourty...It'll work...right??    
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
No there are only specific combinations for barrel conversions.

If you have a glock .40 you can convert to .357 sig or 9mm with no problem. I've seen them, I've shot them. There is plenty of people on Glocktalk that will vouch for the conversion.

The Glock 21 can be converted to 400 corbon, and .40 super. The Glock 20 can be converted to .357 sig, and .40. I have not seen or shot any of the Glock 21 conversions. A guy at our IPSc matches shoots a Glock 20 (10mm)to .40 conversion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top