Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:01:55 AM EDT
 Here's a Astra 600/43 made for Nazi Germany in 1945 (SN: 272XX).  Delivery was cut off by Allied troops being in France and Italy.  Guns were put in storage by Spain and then the West German government asked about them in 1951 to rearm its police force.  Germany had to repay for them after being reminded that the Nazi government paid them and not the Bundes government.  Guns were then resold later and some how made its way to Iraq.  Pistol is in 9x19mm with a 8 rd magazine, single action, striker fired, manual safety that is also the slide lock, and has both grip and magazine disconnect.

CD
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's an interesting piece.  I especially liked the part about how the Germans had to buy it twice
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Sucks you can't bring it home....

Our GIs should be allowed to bring back War Trophies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Nice.

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish that we could bring home stuff.  I would have quite a large collection by now.

CD
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a shame to see it go to waste.  

Is there any way you can give it to coalition troops from another country (maybe one of the other NATO-country troops) who might have better laws about taking it to their country?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it pretty much impossible for military in iraq to bring back "treasures" to the us? It would be badass if someone got a hold of those Glock 19's that are for the iraqi police.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a savage pistol that looked very similar.  It KB'd on me and I sold it all locked up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Our Gov't should be selling them on EE to help pay for the War on Terror.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our Gov't should be selling them on EE to help pay for the War on Terror.

No shit. Some of the stuff that's been found over there would bring in $$$$$$
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice.

Quoted:

+1

+2

My grandpa was a Navy Captain and a Dentist in WWII in the pacific. You should see what he brought back... Unbelieveable.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top