Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 9:29:28 AM EDT
I'd like to have an aluminum frame anodized.  Anyone have any good sources?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Poly-Metal, #1 Allen St.,Bldg 218, Springfield,MA
01108, Attn: Craig Opal
They do hard-coat anodizing in matte black,for
one Caspian Officer's frame charge is $65
(this is their minimum charge) plus return
shipping. Sent them one such frame last Friday,via UPS,with an anticiated turn around of three weeks.In comparison, Tech-Plate's min is $125+ frt. I can NOT attest to Poly-metal's quality yet as this is my first use. I can say
Mr.Opal did sound conversant with handgun frame needs and 365 alloy which is what Caspian frames are made of. Hope this helps as I have been looking for someone for two years! Will keep forum advised.  Good shooting, Chuck Hunt
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Look in your yellow pages if you are in a medium to large city there will probably be at least one.  In my local book I found three.

Kent
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
BE CAREFUL!!
Most anodizing is surface passivation and/or colorizing-TOO SOFT.
Handgun frames need type III/Hard-coat anodizing
If your anodizing service does not specify type III, go elsewhere. This is mil.spec. NOT cheap,
and not easily done with home kits that are
mostly for coloring.  Regards and good shooting,  Chuck Hunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top