Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 10:52:55 AM EDT
This is a long story so I will try to make it as short as possible.  When I was just 18 my cousin purchased a gun from a local gun store.  Soon after said purchase he needed some money and sold the gun to me.  Both of us knew nothing about gun laws or proper procedures.  I simply gave him the money and he gave me the gun.  This all transpired in New Jersey.  Now let’s fast forward to the present. (Approximately 12 years later)  I was cleaning this gun and it hit me like a ton of bricks that I never properly transferred this gun to my name.  The mind is a terrible thing.  I now live in AZ.  What do I have to do to properly transfer this gun to my name?  I am hopping that all I have to do is go to my local gun shop and fill out the paper work.  Is that correct?  Will my cousin have to fill out anything?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The Federal Government doesn't regulate private firearms transactions and you don't live in New Jersey anymore. There is no need to "transfer" anything. Quit worrying and go shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top