Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 11:49:17 AM EDT
Anybody have one? I occaisonally see them come up for sale. I like the fact you can get them in 9mm(Norinco).Are they any good? How are the ergonomics, shootability? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
there is one for sale on this site.i had one very good to learn to shoot low recoil easy to clean (1911 style) parts are available
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Romy Tok this summer. Excellent value for the money. The safety they installed is OK and works well. Very accurate and powerful pistol. Lottsa fun at the range!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a Norinco 213 in 9mm for 15 years, or so. It was a gift from my father, and is the only pistol I've actually kept for any real length of time. The photocopied manual is normal. That's the way they came from Norinco.

Ergonomics suck with original grips and are only marginally better with the wrap-around Tok-egypt style grips. The grip portion of the frame is almost perpendicular to the slide so they tend to point very low for many people.

They're similar in appearance to a 1911, but the hammer/spring assembly is completely different and comes out as a unit once the slide is removed.

IMHO, they only have a few things going for them. First, they've been banned from importation (along with the rest of the chinese firearms) so there's only so many to go around. Second, many are chambered in 9mm which makes them cheap to shoot. Third, they can be converted back to 7.62x25 with a few readily available parts.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a norinco 9mm that i've had for a few years. when i bought it it had a lot of finish missing, but for $100, i didn't really care as long as it shot. suprisingly, it shoots almost as good as my GLOCK and Sig do at 7yds. the ergos suck, but it's a sweet shooter. there's a reason why i haven't gotten rid of it yet!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get Romanian tt-33's thru AIM for $200 right now

The tt-33 is a  bad ass pistol the performace of the 7.62x25 is amazing it shoots flat out to about 100 yards and has darn good power out that far.

I would say it is comparable but not equal to a 357 sig commercial load

as far as the pistol, they have a very strait grip trigger is not bad but heavy they shoot accuratley but have alot of sharp edges.

I friend of mine has a WWII era soviet one that I have shot and the Rommy feels better.  

It is one of 3 guns I've fired where you can actually feel the cycle commence: IE barrel unlock slide go back, hammer recock, slide return forward, round stripped form mag barrel lock up.  With the TOK this only happens when I shot one handed but it is still neat, they are great pistols and for $200 get one.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Norinco pistol, and it is ok but nothing to write home about except for the price.  The safety is obviously an afterthought, and operates like an add on.  

I broke my grips, though, and would love to have somebody steer me to a replacement set.

ETA: Just found grips are available on Ebay.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's my 2 cents . ..

Better get one -- NOW  ! !

I had a Norinco several years ago.  Came with two barrels -- one in 7.62 X 25 and one in 9X19 -- and a total of four mags.  Two mags for the 7.62 round and two mags for the 9mm. The 9mm mags had a "spacer" in the back of the mag to help with the feeding of the shorter round.  Sold it to a good friend of mine -- he still has it.

Anyways. . .

picked up a Romy about 3 or 4 months ago.  Except for the funky looking safety she's a pretty nice pistol for the money -- 100% reliable, slim, very easy to shoot, sights ain't too bad. Even feeds the S&B hollow-point rounds 100%  !  And she shoots fast -- REAL fast  ! !  Around 1,500 fps  ! !

And much easier to shoot than my 52's.  

And only $200 -- a really, really good bargin, I would say.

And now that they're C&R, I'll be getting another one . . .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top