Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:07:48 AM EDT
I was thinking about the new walther single stack 9mm, and was thinking that  the glock 26 barely passes the import standards test by scoring the minimum of 75 points.

The glock 26 would fail the import test if it was a mere ounce lighter, so what hope could we possibly have for a single stack version?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you want a single stack when the double stack is going to be the same size? Import restrictions mean the Glock is as small as it's going to get.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The glock 26 would fail the import test if it was a mere ounce lighter, so what hope could we possibly have for a single stack version?

Zero most likely.  I'd really like a thin single stack 19, but unless it is built here chances are "slim"  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zero most likely.  I'd really like a thin single stack 19, but unless it is built here chances are "slim"  

there's already a single-stack Glock in the US, it's called a Kahr, if you like the 19, get a TP-9, if you like a G26, get a P9 or a PM9
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The Glock 19 is illegal to import. So they used to add adjustable sights in Austria, import them, take off the sights and sell them.

Now they make them here.

Glocks are made in the USA now.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Glock 19 is illegal to import. So they used to add adjustable sights in Austria, import them, take off the sights and sell them.

Now they make them here.

Glocks are made in the USA now.

I thought there was an issue with the tenifer here in the states so the parts that include that are still made in Austria and shipped here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]

I thought there was an issue with the tenifer here in the states so the parts that include that are still made in Austria and shipped here.

I think you are right. And to the other guy...........a Kahr is NOT a Glock
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock makes some of the frames here.  Barrels and slides are still made in Austria.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[
there's already a single-stack Glock in the US, it's called a Kahr, if you like the 19, get a TP-9, if you like a G26, get a P9 or a PM9

Not even close.  Not even in the ballpark.  Not quality wise, not reliability wise, not durability wise and not customer service wise.  Glock and Kahr shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought Glocks were made in Georgia now.  Gets around a lot of import issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top