Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 9:58:26 AM EDT
About 3 years ago a friend of mine purchased a Heritage Stealth C-1010 for $325. I shot it and was very impressed. It was about the same size and weight as my GLOCK 26, but recoil was softer due to the HK P7-esque delayed blowback system. It was also more accurate thanks to its fixed barrel configuration. I had my FFL order one for me, and he charged me $230 ($20 over his cost.) I have had the pistol for 3 years now, and have put around 3200 rounds through it with no malfunctions. While there is some evidence of  slight cost cutting, the sights primarily, I have to say it has been the best value I have ever found on a new firearm. I got a DeSantis IWB holster, ordered, 3 more of the factory Mec-Gar 10 round mags, and it has served me very well. In fact, a year ago when I decided to sell a pistol to buy another rifle, I sold the GLOCK and kept the Stealth. Heritage has since discontinued the  9mm and the .40, and went back to just making cowboy style revolvers. I saw a Stealth used at  a gun show a few months ago for $200 that I wish I had bought. Does anyone else have one of these underrated pistols? If you see a good deal on a used one, I highly reccoumend buying it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
what exactly is the delayed blowback system???
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a gas tube and gas piston under the fixed barrel. It taps off gas which is used to keep the breech closed until pressure drops to a safe level. Then the action cycles, ejecting the empty, and chambering the next round.
Top Top