Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 5:04:39 PM EDT
I turned 21 last year, and I had always planned on going and getting a handgun that day. Unfortunately, I did not have the money. Until now! I was deciding between the Ruger 22/45 and a Browning Buckmark camper, and I went with the Browning. It just felt better in my hand. Anyway, I'm real excited about it. Its my first gun purchase(excluding an AR15 lower) in two years. WHOOOHOOOO!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Great choice...you will love your Buckmark. My brother has run 12,000 rounds through his, so far anyway!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you!  Also, that's a good choice for a handgun to go target shooting.  The recoil is light and the ammo is very cheap.  I'd love to have one.  Don't feel bad about waiting a few months, because I bought my first handgun when I was 72.  Of course, it was a lemon, but that's beside the point.z
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Why wait until 21?  I just have my Dad pick up guns for mecongrats on the purchase.  A gun is a great investment because you will always treat it with respect.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I very much prefer the Browning Buckmark over the Ruger line...

good choice... and happy shooting

t
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep an eye on the allen screws on top in front of the rear sight.  Mine tend to loosen on their own.  Great gun other than that, but it might just be mine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
gee whiz zoom, and i thought i was old.  i won't be 72 for a couple of months.  

just so my remarks won't be off post:

congrats on the Buckmark.  it will serve you well and may it be the first of many more.  

buy quality, never sell.  therefore: never sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top