Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 9:30:24 AM EDT
I have been wanting something in the .357sig caliber for some time. I was looking at the hk usp compact but read on their website that the switching of .357 and .40s&w wasn't recommmended. I have heard that the caliber is very loud and that is the only negative thing I have heard beside the ammo not being readily available. I can't find any target loads in any of the gun shops but I know you can get them off the net. Do you think this caliber will be around or do you feel it's popularity will deminish as time goes on? What do you think of this caliber as opposed to say the .45gap?

Finally I was thinking,
226r in .40 and .357sig- hk usp compact. Would I be doing better with this
.40 usp and .357sig in 226r? I won't be using it for CCW just to have but I was also thinking of other platforms like sig's229 or maybe a 1911 in .40 or .357sig? I haven't found either yet but please tell me what you think and why. I really like the grip of the 226 and the hk not much but I don't plan to shoot it that often anyway. I already have what I like I just want some variety with TASTE of course
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#1]
buy the sig as you seem to like it more.  also look at the sig pro 2202 or whatever the newest one is.  it is meant to be readily changed between .357sig and .40sw.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the SIG also. I believe the caliber will be around for a while especialy if airmarshalls are using it. However I never see it being like the 9mm, .40, or .45. I would get a 10mm myself since it has a lot of power for a semi auto and for me the ammo is not as hard to find as the .357 Sig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i'd buy a sig 229 in .40 and buy a .357 barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top