Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 10:41:18 AM EDT
I've got a full size Kimber 45 that I've been shooting for a while.  This morning when I was shooting it the slide would not stay open after firing the last round?  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
prob a bad slide release. Its a cheap fix

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
prob a bad slide release. Its a cheap fix

Could be a mag issue too. If the magfollower isn't pushing the slide stop hard enough the slide won't stay open. This could happen due to weak magspring or improperly shaped magfollower (I've seen the lip on the follower break off.)
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a guy selling a wilson slide release on glocktalk, you could save a couple of bucks and wilson uses kimber frames and slides
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the slide lock back manualy?
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It even needs a little help manually and I'm using new mags (Kimber and McCormick).

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It even needs a little help manually and I'm using new mags (Kimber and McCormick).

Thanks guys.

If you could post pics of the slide stop and the notch in the slide it would be great. As previous posts pointed out it might be the slide stop that is worn and rounded off, thus allowing the slide to push forward.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you use a "shock-buff"?  If so take it out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of the early Kimbers had defective slide stop.
I had an early Kimber, called them, and they sent me a new improved slide stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top